Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wednesday Night Blog

Yo, Yeaaaaah!. I'm starting this new thing where I'm going to be blogging every Wednesday night, so tune in. Exciting news. I'm trying something new in a few minutes. I'm switching from an electric razor to shaving cream and regular razors. I'm 24 years old, and I've never done it the real way, so it should be an interesting experience. Sad right? I'm a bit nervous as I have no idea what I am doing. I watched 3 videos on myspace on "How to Shave", so hopefully that will prepare me for the battle. I also purchased a Gillette Sensor 3, which I guess is a good razor. I don't know, I really have no idea what I'm doing. And I also got Edge Shaving Cream for "Clean" Skin or something. Dude ("dude" meaning both the male and female peoples of this world), all I know is that there are like 12 different kinds of shaving cream. They have it for thick beards, regular beards, rough skin, sensitive, extra sensitive, etc. I don't really understand why they have sensitive and extra sensitive. Who's going to be like, "I'd like sensitive, but not extra sensitive"?

Yesterday was a great day. I had 3 shows last night, and they all went really well which is nice. It may be the first time I've done 3 shows in one night and they all went well. Usually I'm 2 for 3 or 1 for 3, sometimes 0 for 3, but last night I was 3 for 3 - solid sets all around. Feels nice.

I have a lot of projects that I am currently working on, which feels excellent. I've had many times where I wasn't working on anything or I didnt have too many projects, but right now I have more than I can handle, and it feels really nice to actually have a bunch of projects to look forward to.

On a side note, its super cold out today. The wind chill right now is 3 degrees, and tomorrow the windchill is not going past 11 degrees. Its too cold here. I'd move to LA in a heartbeat if it wasn't for stand-up, but the truth of the matter is, New York is the king capital of stand-up. All the best comics come out of here, and its worth being cold to be around the best of the best. Lots to learn.

My stand-up act is getting better and better. My material is slowly getting dirtier, yet its getting funnier as well. I'm working on cleaning it up, but most importantly its funny. Its such a learning process.

Also, I'm in the process of looking for a ladyfriend that may want to come along on the Weiss journey for a little while. Here's what I'm looking for, so if you think you're a candidate here goes:

This first one may term a lot of people out. I'm looking for a twice-a-week girlfriend. I don't need someone that is going to bother me everyday and make me stay on the phone for hours for no reason. I'm looking for someone that wants to maybe catch dinner on Wednesday nights, and then maybe a dinner, movie, a walk, conversation, etc. on Friday's or Saturdays. Also, you have to be smart, pretty, fun, and just all around cool (of course, you never here anyone go, "You know, I'm looking for a fat, ugly, boring, dumb chick. Do you know where I can get one of those?" - so I guess that statement was obvious). I've recently gone on a healthy streak, so if you're into exercising and eating well, then that's cool as well. You should be about my height. I'll go a few inches lower, but if you're like 3 - 4 inches taller than me, then you're out, because then I can't look you in the eye. I'll be looking at your chin, which is weird. Above all, you have to be cool.
Some people might say, "Hey, but Lance, you aren't that good looking yourself, how can you make so many demands". Go write your own blog.

Whoo, I'm also trying this new thing where I'm taking a risk a day. I've decided that we all live in a comfort zone, and we rarely go outside of it, but if you take a risk everyday, then your comfort zone will expand, and you will be able to do and achieve more.

P.S. If you've read this far, please post a comment so I know someone read this. I know there is some loser temping at Loreal or a real estate office that has nothing better to do. "Oh my gosh, that is so true". I'm a genius.

Thanks for reading.
Lance

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lance, I think your new shaving routine (good luck with that, by the way) will definitely help you find a ladyfriend! Make sure she likes Broadway's 'The Lion King,' too, though...K? ;-)

Anonymous said...

That's it? That's all you're looking for? That's easy. I figured you'd say "I'm looking for a 5'4" blond haired blue eyed athletic vegan baptist who goes to church regularly and doesn't drink, smoke, curse, have pets or wear sneakers. She also has to love NSync and the Back Street Boys as much as me and, oh, about the shaving thing, she'll have to do that too."

badslava said...

Oh my gosh, that is so true.