Saturday, July 12, 2008

July 12, 2008 - 4:24 pm

I haven't blogged in a while, and I'm trying to get back into it. I'm having one of the best weekends I have had in a really long time. I'm working hard, and trying to do things correctly in my life. In the past 6 months, I have really changed my life in a number of different ways. I have been working out like crazy - 4 times per week and I am in the best shape I have ever been in. I am also eating way healthier foods than I used to. I used to eat like 2 candy bars a day, and tons of sugary and sweet foods, but now I don't eat any of that, and I feel much better. As a result of my exercising and eating habits, I am also in the best mental health state I have been in in probably 6 years. I am taking this acting class (Alexander Technique) and I am learning how to relax more and breathe oxygen into my muscles and joints. If you are stressed out, whether you are in the performing arts or not, I would highly recommend taking this sort of class as it can just help to get rid of everyday stress.

I've been working on thinking positively more, and its working. It may sound corny, but thinking positively really can influence your life. Here is the thing, everything starts with a thought, and if you can condition your mind to have certain thoughts, it will in turn affect your actions and emotions and you will be able to move in the direction of life in which you want to move.

I don't think I ever blogged about this, but about 3 months ago, I went to LA to shoot a couple commercials for AT&T. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had, and I am hopefully going to be getting a copy of the commercial which I will be putting on the web sometime in the near future. Other than that, I've been doing a ton of standup shows all over the place. I'm doing the University of Connecticut soon with 2 of my good friends, so that should be fun.

Later,
Lance

No comments: