Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Wednesdays With Weiss"

What's Up! How is everyone doing. Lots of great thing happening on this end. Hope the same rings true for you as well. I've been working super hard lately. I'm doing more stand-up spots than I've done in a while, and I'm exhausted. Its a ton of work, but I really love it.

I'm thinking about getting into reading some more books, so if anyone has any great suggestions out there, then let me know. I'm really into inspirational books and ideas that help make us better people. I've been doing a ton of writing too. Time feels as though it is going faster than ever. I feel like months go by, and I have no idea what I did.

Technology is getting crazy these days. I can't even keep up with it at all. I feel like right when I buy something they come out with a new version the next week. Even if you try waiting for the new version of a product, the next week they have a better version out. I ride the train everyday, and almost every single person has a handheld device that they watch/listen to as they ride. Its kind of weird how isolated we are getting. We all each just live in our own world which we create through sound and video. Pretty funky.

The presidential elections and whatnot are into fullswing, and I have to say that I don't really care so much at this point. People spend so much time arguing about politics, it kinda bothers me. I was a political science major in college, and finally I just gave up. The one thing I figured out about politics is that most people have no idea what they are talking about. People get into debates, and then they just shout out terms and facts, and it just becomes a contest to see who can throw out the most facts from the 60's and 70's and sound smarter than the other person.

Also, most of the time when people argue politics, I feel like I can't even follow the issue being discussed because people have no idea what they are talking about and just jump around all over the place, so once again its just a big contest to try and feel superior compared to the person you are debating. Also, I think its far too soon to really talk about who will be the front runner, blah, blah, blah. It changes all the time and we never know until the last minute anyway. Remember Howard Dean? Everyone thought he was the man, then he went HEEEYAAAAH! and his campaign was over. Anyway, I suppose I'll give my prediction. Its going to be Hillary vs. McCain, with McCain as the next president of the United States.

P.S. Global warming is not real. And if it is, then great, because the weather here has been so much warmer and pleasant than it should be this time of year.

Later,

Weiss

No comments: