Friday, February 1, 2008

Going for it.

I'm trying to take more risks in life and go for things as much as I can. I'm trying to get it done now as anything could happen at any moment, and I want to think I went for it in the end. We only have so much time on this earth, and its super short. You have to go for it right now, whatever that "it" for you might be. Now is the time. I'm really starting to enjoy my life and do some really great things. I'm not totally there, but I feel like I'm slowly starting to figure it out and live well. Its hard work, but its worth it in the end. I'm currently reading "The Power of Now" and perhaps that is what has sparked this thought process in me, but to be honest, these are things that I have been thinking for about the past year or so. Time goes by so fast, I can't believe it. I just don't want to be old and not have done the things I wanted to do. I think this blog is turning more into a self-help type thing, or just me recommending books, but whatever. I just kind of write. I was going to blog every Wednesday night, but somehow after 2 weeks, that fell through. There just isn't enough time to do everything correctly. I feel like I've been rushing for the past 6 years, but I don't know why. I don't know what I'm rushing towards. I'm currently trying to slow down the pace at which I live and enjoy everyday for what its worth because really that is all we have. Pretty soon, this blink-of-an-eye life will be over for all of us. Just think, can you already believe how old you are. Regardless of what age you are, its hard to believe you are this old. Its pretty wild to think about. You really just got to enjoy everyday for what its worth. Alright, I guess that's it for now. Go out there and take some risks, and go for it, because to be honest, there isn't much time left, and if you don't do it right now, when are you going to do it (my thoughts - sort of taken from "The Power of Now").

Later,
Lance

No comments: