Monday, June 25, 2007

Books I'm currently reading...

I used to hate reading, like a lot, a whole lot - but as I've gotten older I have really gotten into it. I am actually rather amazed at all the books I am reading. I read a bunch at once because my mood constantly changes, and I'll read like 20 pages of something, then later I'll read 20 pages of something else. Its like watching tv when you watch 4 hours of programming, but 6 different shows. Either way, here are the books I am currently reading:

1. "Win the Crowd" by Steve Cohen. - Just finished this book today about stage charisma and being an entertainer. It has some interesting tips and recommendations on how to present yourself on stage (and other areas of your life)

2. "The Art Of Happiness", by The Dalia Lama. Only 1/3 through, but so far an interesting read. Definitely worth checking out.

3. "How To Talk Dirty And Influence People" by Lenny Bruce. I read half this book about a year ago, and I have recently picked it back up. If you don't know who Lenny Bruce was, he was a controversial comedian back in the day who was influential for paving the way for free speech in the world of stand-up comedy. He's a legend.

4. "The Worry Cure" by Robert Leahy. Almost finished with this book about overcoming your fears and anxieties. Great book about overcoming all kinds of fears in your life. Admit it, you have a few.

5. "On More Time" by Carol Burnett. Have only read 45 pages of this book, but so far its pretty good. Basically, just a nice autobiography about a famous comedian.

6. "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale. Only 56 pages into this book, but its an international best seller and its geared toward changing your thought process and getting the most out of everything. Time to make lemonade!

Just figured I'd let you all know what I've been reading. If you bump into me or meet me for the first time, these can help serve as conversation starters or something like that.

Alright, I'm off to bed.
P.S. I just had a huge chocolate milk a little while ago. Pretty awesome. You should go make yourself a glass right NOW.

Later my friends,
Lance Weiss

No comments: