Thursday, June 14, 2007

Word Of The Weiss Speaks Out On Chocolate Milk

Here is my review on chocolate milk:


Chocolate Milk

Ever since I was a young lad, I have enjoyed the delicacies of chocolate milk. The best thing about chocolate milk is the fact that it tastes so darn good. Another reason is the fact that it has milk in it which is good for your bones. I'm a big fan of 2% milk myself. If that's not available, I will choose whole milk over skim or soy milk every time. It has more flavor, and despite what all the health-nuts say about it, I believe whole milk to be better for you than skim or soy, mainly because drinking soy or skim milk is whimpy and hurts your ego more than anything. Man up and drink real milk.

The Good Ones:

There are many kinds of chocolate milk out there. Among my favorite is a brand called Parmalat. It is EXTREMELY rich, and its texture is so thick it feels as though you are drinking paint. Another great brand is Grab-N-Go. They make their milk with an excellent packaging that is designed to protect from the sunlight, and their milk is pretty rich as well. I have yet to find either of these brands in New York City. Parmalat can be found in many gas stations on interstate highways across America, while I know Grab-N-Go can be found in many stores in Washington, DC.

The Bad Ones:

By far the worst chocolate milk, is Nesquik. I'm not sure what it is I don't like about it, but for some reason, it just tastes of really low-quality. There's also a number of different brands out there that just taste a little flakey, kinda watery. Not good in my book.

Medium-Alrightness:

I have always found Yoo-hoo to be an interesting brand. They are never my first choice when it comes to chocolate milk, but if no good brands can be found, a Yoo-hoo is acceptable. Its like when you want to buy Welch's Grape Juice at the grocery store and you don't have enough money, so you end up buying Associated Purple Drink. Its not your first choice, but it gets the job done.

Conclusion:

All in all, when looking for a chocolate milk to satisfy your thirst (and hunger), I would recommend looking for a brand that has either 2% or whole milk. Usually a richer chocolate milk is better, and the thicker the texture, the more it will fill you up and make you feel like a champ and a winner and a hero.

-Word Of The Weiss

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it preferable to drink two 8 ounce glasses of chocolate milk or is the preferred drinking schedule require 16.9 to 20.0 ounces per glass.

When the milk is extremely cold or is accompanied by ice, the process of consumption is more time consuming. True ?

Then again I stray from the topic at hand. Which leads into a discussion of ice cream additions to the mixture of milk and chocolate.

Ah ! I have forgotten the straw, bent or straight; striped or plain white, plastic or paper.

Reuseable ? Not a good idea.